By William M Clements,Harold G Koenig
- addresses theoretical features of human improvement, targeting cognitive, ethical, and non secular religion development
- examines occasions and problems of specific quandary to older people and appears at how faith can be utilized as a resource
- applies study findings to the matter of assembly the non secular and psychological healthiness wishes of elders with power or acute well-being problems
- offers an in-depth examine end-of-life matters comparable to physician-assisted suicideHospital and nursing domestic chaplains will locate this ebook informative and inspiring, as will gerontologists, sanatorium directors, and group clergy confronted with more and more older congregations. It offers psychological wellbeing and fitness pros new recommendations to aid enhance the later years of older adults, and makes a very good textual content for classes on faith, psychological health and wellbeing, and getting older. Middle-aged and older adults, in addition to their households, also will locate getting older and God relaxing and encouraging as they try and grapple with the myriad adjustment and coping difficulties linked to aging.
Read or Download Aging and God: Spiritual Pathways to Mental Health in Midlife and Later Years PDF
Best gerontology books
This quantity offers cutting edge study on problems with value to the health of older individuals: exertions marketplace habit, healthiness care, housing and residing preparations, and saving and wealth. particular themes comprise the impact of work marketplace rigidities at the employment of older staff; the impression on retirement of the provision of continuation insurance merits; and the effect of the possible fee approach (PPS) on emerging Medicare expenditures.
Ageing doesn’t must be obvious as an eventual failure yet really as an incredible developmental degree of creativity. delivering an soaking up and clean viewpoint on getting older and crafts, Jon Kay explores how elders decide to faucet into their artistic and private power via making life-story items.
Studienarbeit aus dem Jahr 2012 im Fachbereich Gerontologie / Alterswissenschaften, observe: ohne, Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin (Medizinpädagogik), Sprache: Deutsch, summary: „Weg vom Geist“ lautet die wörtliche Übersetzung der Demenz und beschreibt einen Oberbegriff unterschiedlicher Erkrankungen des Gehirns.
In case you have accountability for delivering actions for older adults and also you are not certain even if what you're supplying is efficacious, otherwise you have exhausted your whole personal task rules then this booklet is for you. This transparent and easy-to-use source offers the instruments you require to boost and enforce a number actions that meet the desires of your staff.
- The Lotos-Eaters: Aging and Identity in a Yacht Club Community
- Ageing, Gender, and Illness in Anglophone Literature: Narrating Age in the Bildungsroman (Routledge Interdisciplinary Perspectives on Literature)
- Annual Review of Gerontology and Geriatrics, Volume 33, 2013: Healthy Longevity
Extra info for Aging and God: Spiritual Pathways to Mental Health in Midlife and Later Years
Aging and God: Spiritual Pathways to Mental Health in Midlife and Later Years by William M Clements,Harold G Koenig