By Toby Handfield
Read Online or Download A Philosophical Guide to Chance PDF
Best history & philosophy on science & nature books
*Penetration of more often than not inaccessible strategies of presidency *Close-grained empirical research of government-science interaction*New conceptualisation of key procedures and relationships*Testing theories of technological know-how and govt via designated fieldwork*Illumination of problems with difficulty to present examine policymakers in lots of platforms
The worldwide historical past of Paleopathology is the 1st complete international compendium at the heritage of paleopathology, an interdisciplinary clinical self-discipline that specializes in the examine of old illness. providing views from areas that experience generally had lengthy histories of paleopathology, comparable to the USA and components of Europe, this quantity additionally provides vital paintings by means of a world roster of students who're writing their very own neighborhood and cultural histories within the box.
Promoting technological know-how within the Age of Newton explores a frequently overlooked street within the popularization of technological know-how. it really is an research of the way ads in London newspapers (from nearly 1687 to 1727) enticed shoppers to buy items in terms of technology: books, lecture sequence, and tools.
Electronic gadgets, of their easiest shape, are facts. also they are a brand new form of commercial item that pervades each point of our existence today—as on-line video clips, pictures, textual content documents, e-mails, weblog posts, fb occasions. but, regardless of their ubiquity, the character of electronic items continues to be doubtful. at the life of electronic items conducts a philosophical exam of electronic gadgets and their organizing schema by way of making a discussion among Martin Heidegger and Gilbert Simondon, which Yuk Hui contextualizes in the background of computing.
- The Tree of Knowledge: The Bright and the Dark Sides of Science
- Scientific Progress (Routledge Library Editions: 20th Century Science)
- Vulnerability, Autonomy, and Applied Ethics (Routledge Research in Applied Ethics)
- Die Tauben Nebst Ihren Verwandten, Ihre Naturgeschichte, Zucht, Wartung (German Edition)
- Science and Societies in Frankfurt am Main (Sci & Culture in the Nineteenth Century)
- Prospero's America: John Winthrop, Jr., Alchemy, and the Creation of New England Culture, 1606-1676 (Published by the Omohundro Institute of Early American ... and the University of North Carolina Press)
Additional info for A Philosophical Guide to Chance
A Philosophical Guide to Chance by Toby Handfield